- George Roth
- Geospatial Support Specialist, PGC
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 612-625-6609
What I Do
I communicate with researchers to collect the right geospatial data to meet their scientific or logistical needs. I also help manage our excellent student employees who assist with imagery acquisition, processing, and delivery.
- MS Geological Sciences, University of Oregon, 2014
- BS Oceanography, University of Washington, 2012
- Roth, G.E., Sutherland, D.A., Hamilton, G.S., and Stearns, L.A. 2013. Monitoring fjord circulation using iceberg-mounted GPS as real-time drifters. AGU Fall Meeting, San Francisco, CA, December 2013.
- Roth, G. E.; Noormets, R.; Powell, R. D.; and Brigham-Grette, J. 2012. Submarine Landforms in a Surge-Type Tidewater Glacier Regime, Engelskbukta, Svalbard. TOS/ASLO/AGU Ocean Sciences Meeting, Salt Lake City, UT, February 2012
I do a lot of road biking, both short weekday rides on urban trails and long trips on rural highways. I come from an oceanography and aviation background so it's not uncommon for me to be on a boat or in a plane. As one of the few PGC employees not originally from the Midwest, I also spend a lot of time working on investigating the Minnesota lifestyle, which recently has involved investigating all the new microbreweries here.