- Claire Porter
- Remote Sensing Scientist, PGC
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 612-625-6089
What I Do
- Automated terrain extraction from stereoscopic imagery
- Imagery management
- Automated image processing
- Web mapping applications and data delivery
- Scientific computing applications in remote sensing
I have been at both McMurdo Station, Antarctica and Kangerlussuaq, Greenland for a total of 3 Arctic and Antarctic field seasons.
- Master of GIS, University of Minnesota, 2011
- BA Biological Anthropology, Harvard University, 2005
- MA LaRue, JJ Rotella, RA Garrott, DB Siniff, DG Ainley, GE Stauffer, CC Porter, and PJ Morin. "Satellite imagery can be used to detect variation in abundance of Weddell seals (Leptonychotes weddellii) in Erebus Bay, Antarctica." Polar biology (2011)
- PT Fretwell, MA LaRue, GL Kooyman, PJ Morin, B Wienecke, N Ratcliffe, CC Porter, AJ Fox, AH Fleming, PN Trathan. "The first global, synoptic survey of a species from space: emperor penguins." Global Ecology and Biogeography (2011)
- CC Porter and FW Marlowe "How marginal are forager habitats?" Journal of archaeological science 34.1 (2007):59.
- C Mallol, FW Marlowe, BM Wood, and CC Porter. "Earth, wind, and fire: ethnoarchaeological signals of Hadza fires." Journal of archaeological science 34.12 (2007):2035.
Long-distance hiking, kayaking, skiing, biking, or anything that gets me outside.