- Spencer Niebuhr
- Research Assistant, PGC
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What I Do
Mono and stereo image processing, airborne and terrestrial LiDAR processing, and air photo georeferencing. I have done two Antarctic field seasons working in the Dry Valleys, at McMurdo Station, and on Ross Island.
- MS, Remote Sensing, University of Minnesota, in progress
- BS, Geology, University of Minnesota, 2010
- Niebuhr, S., LaRue, M., Morin, P., Matsumoto, K. "Change detection of melt-water lakes and glacial lobes in Taylor Valley, Antarctica using remote sensing: A 50-year comparison." Poster at American Geophysical Union Fall meeting. Moscone Center, San Francisco, CA. December 2009.
- Niebuhr, S., Child, S., Porter, C., Herried, B., Morin, P. “An Antarctic time capsule: Compiling and hosting 60 years of USGS Antarctic aerial photography.” Poster at American Geophysical Union Fall meeting. Moscone Center, San Francisco, CA. December 2010.
- Dickinson, W., C. Atkins, R. Sletten, and S. Niebuhr. "Relict ice deposits from Cold Based Glaciers." International Symposium of Antarctic Earth Sciences. Scientific Committee of Antarctic Science. John McIntyre Conference Centre, Edinburgh. July 14, 2011. In person.
- Niebuhr, S., Herried, B., Obryk, M., Doran, P., “Projecting lake-level rise from airborne LiDAR and climate models in Taylor Valley, Antarctica.” Geological Society of America 2011 annual conference. Minneapolis Convention Center, Minneapolis, MN. October 11, 2011. In person.
My interests include cycling, music, house plants, brewed beverages, and public radio.